Services Large Van
Due to physcial distancing, the seating capacity for the handi-transit large bus is limited to 6 individual passengers (however individuals living in the same house can sit together, increasing the capacity to 12). The driver is required to wear a mask and will sanitize the bus accordingly. It is not required for passengers to wear masks, however it is recommended. We are unable to supply masks, so please plan accordingly.
The capacity options prior to COVID-19 were:
- 18 seats and 1 wheel chair OR
- 16 seats plus 2 wheel chairs OR
- 12 seats plus 3 wheel chairs
The following was approved by the St-Pierre/De Salaberry Handi-Transit Corporation:
For All Other Transportation
- Flat fee of $150 per trip
- Services to Seniors (Village and R.M. of De Salaberry)
- Cost for driver is $14 per hour after 6 hours
- Kms paid at $.50 per km after 200 kms
- Cost for driver is $14 per hour
- Kms paid at $.60 per km after 200 kms
- Village office has a list of qualified drivers
- Driver is paid $14.00 an hour and can claim a meal after 4 hours.
- Large Van is not to be used as an ambulance.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the van.
- Should be reserved at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Village Office at 204-433-7832 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.